In addition to the prestigious Honors Baccalaureate degree, the UHC offers a variety of amenities. These are designed to foster community and academic success.
UHC Office & Staff
- The candy jar in the Honors College office (STAG 229) is always full of SLUG bait (candy) for hungry students. Visitors are welcome!
- The UHC staff is here to help! Stop by the UHC office in STAG 229 or call us at 737-6400 to find out what we can do for you.
SLUGs (Students Learning Under Ground) Student Learning Centers
- SLUG 1 is a study lounge/computer lab in the basement of Strand Agriculture Hall. The computers are loaded with software for all majors, perfect for homework or thesis work. The SLUG’s couches are a popular destination for studying, napping or relaxing between classes. Homework help can often be obtained from SLUG peers.
- SLUG 2 is another study lounge just down the hall from SLUG 1. Its couches, bean bag chairs, tables and whiteboards are well suited for meetings, studying and sleeping. The refrigerator, microwave and sink are essential resources for quick meals.
- Printing in the SLUG is free for all UHC students!
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30am-9:00pm
- Friday: 7:30 am-5:00pm
- Saturday: 1:00 pm-5:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00pm-8:00pm
SLUG Work opportunity
There are a limited number of student consultant positions available for the SLUG. If you are interested please contact the UHC Office Manager at 541-737-6400 or in person in 229 STAG.
Graduate Student Privileges
Students in the UHC have graduate status with the OSU Valley Library, allowing students to check out books for three months instead of two weeks. In addition, all UHC students have access to Student Multimedia Services located on the second floor of the Valley Library. This center houses the latest technology for producing and presenting academic work.
Rights & Responsibilities
- To the best undergraduate education OSU has to offer
- To earn your HBA, HBS, or HBFA
- To information on scholarships, internships, job positions, and activities as collected by the UHC staff and distributed via e-mail
- To ask the UHC staff for assistance
- To Graduate Student check-out privileges from the Valley Library
- To voice your opinions concerning UHC courses, faculty, and activities
- To withdraw from the UHC without penalty at any time (please meet with an advisor first)
- To use the study room at the Valley Library reserved for UHC students
- To use the SLUG, the UHC student learning center (Students Learning UnderGround)
- To unlimited printing in the SLUG
- To candy from the office "slugbait" jar
- To check your ONID e-mail account weekly for UHC messages
- To meet regularly with your UHC advisor
- To participate in UHC activities (i.e. attend UHC forums, presentations, barbecues)
- To maintain a 3.25 cumulative OSU GPA
- To make timely progress towards your Honors Baccalaureate degree
- To participate in UHC course evaluations and assess UHC courses in which you are enrolled and share your experiences
- To submit your bound UHC thesis to our office no later than the Friday of Dead Week in the term in which you plan to graduate from OSU
- To do what you can to instill a love of learning and enthusiasm for coursework in every class you take at OSU, not just your UHC courses
- To notify us BEFORE you plan to go on a study abroad, internship, or any other off-campus experience AND complete a resource fee waiver form located in the UHC office
- To enjoy yourself and your OSU experiences